Now that holiday shopping is in full swing, scammers are shopping too, looking for people to separate from their money. Here are a few tips to help you out-smart those bah-humbug scammers.
- Never purchase a gift card to pay for repairs or fees.
- Never give your card number out to someone who calls you. If someone says you owe money for a penalty or service you were unaware of, ask for a copy of the bill to be mailed to you for examination.
- A Credit Union Employee will never ask you for your debit card PIN number.
- Secret Shopper programs never pay in advance by check.
- Programs asking you to pay money in order to access more money are scams.
- Scammers try to intimidate their victims into quick action. A legitimate caller will not discourage you from reviewing the information with someone you trust.
Wishing you a safe and happy holidays from your friends at Carter Credit Union!