- Salary: $8 to $12 an hour
- Job Type: Full-time
- Number of hires for this role: 1
- Schedule: 8 hour shift, night shift
- Work Location: Multiple locations
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Custodial Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the buildings, equipment, fixtures, and furnishings. Performs routine maintenance including vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting; washing walls, doors, and windows; and emptying trash. Performs minor preventative maintenance and minor repairs. Assists service personnel as needed. Reports major repair and maintenance needs. Daily driving to various credit union locations is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of assigned cleaning and maintenance functions.
- Vacuums, sweeps, and mops floors.
- Washes and dusts walls, tables, doors, light fixtures, vending machines and windows.
- Cleans and disinfects toilets, urinals, showers, tile floors, and other fixtures.
- Fills soap, toilet paper, and towel dispensers regularly.
- Empties trash containers as needed. Maintains waste receptacles and ensures that they are clean.
- Picks up litter as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with Credit Union personnel, management, and service providers.
- Assists Credit Union personnel and service providers as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities, any significant problems, and maintenance concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Completes required paperwork and checklists of area cleaning and maintenance.
- Keeps management informed of inventory and supply needs in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining courteous, professional relations with associates and the membership.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous cleaning and specially requested tasks as assigned.
- Maintains facility security.
- Building facilities and equipment are clean, neat, and well maintained.
- Cleaning and maintenance functions are safely and timely completed in accordance with established standards, schedules, and procedures.
- Maintenance needs and problems are promptly identified and resolved or reported.
- Maintenance functions are well coordinated with Credit Union operations. Assistance is provided to other personnel as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Effective, courteous relations exist with visitors, vendors, and clients.
(waiting period may apply)
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included.
Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place