- Salary: $12.50 - $15.50 an hour
- Job Type: Full-time
- Number of hires for this role: 1
- Schedule: 8 hour shift
- Physical Settings: Office
- High school or equivalent
- Required knowledge: Credit Union member service standards. Basic knowledge of financial services enviroment.
- Previous phone service experience preferred.
Full Job Description
The primary responsibility of the position is provide support to branch staff and centralized underwriting by processing approved applications, completing all necessary forms registering the credit union’s lien on person property used as collateral, and to act on applications within the limits established by CFCU policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES: (Primary or most important functions performed in this position in order of priority.)
- Process loan request according to policies and procedures.
- Verify that all papers have been properly signed (loan, lien, insurance) and explained to the member.
- Establish and maintain a file of items that are incomplete and need regular follow-through.
- Contact members until all paper work is complete.
- File all documentation with appropriate parish, state or federal agency to protect the credit union’s interest.
- When all paper work is complete, file in member’s master file.
- Seek opportunities to enhance skills and value to the credit union and make suggestions for improvements.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of Carter Federal Credit Union’s operational policies and procedures, by-laws, organization and philosophy.
- Assist in any areas as directed by supervisor.
(waiting period may apply)
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included.
Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Company's Facebook page: